Vampyre Imaging Library
Delphi FreePascal Images Load Save Edit
Windows Linux MacOSX FreeBSD 32bit 64bit
PNG DDS JPEG/JPEG2000 GIF HDR TGA BMP TIFF
ARGB DXTC Float Half Index 3Dc
24th August 2006
I haven't had much time for Imaging since the last release. New version will be released probably in October 2006. You can get current working version 0.19 from CVS. It fixes several bugs present in released 0.18 (most notably disabled filtered resize of images with non 8 bit channels in ResizeImage function).
25th April 2006
Version 0.18 Released
Imaging 0.18 was released today. Main changes are:
- MNG and JNG file format loading/saving added.
- Filtered image resizing and mipmap creation using bilinear, bicubic, and other resampling filters implemented.
- Imaging now compiles and works in FreeBSD (maybe in other Unixes as well).
- Lazarus LCL classes now work properly in Linux.
- Currently supported image file formats are DDS, PNG, JPEG, TGA, MNG, JNG, and BMP. Supported platforms are Win32, Linux, FreeBSD, and DOS. Image data formats include indexed, 8-64bit ARGB, grayscale, floating point, and DXTC compressed.
17th March 2006
Next release in April
New Imaging version 0.18 will be released during April. You can get current working version from project's CVS. It already loads and saves MNG and JNG images. Image resizing can now use bilinear and bicubic resampling. As of this version Imaging also compiles and works in FreeBSD.
22nd December 2005
Version 0.16 Released
Imaging 0.16 has been released today. Not much work has been done on library core. I have added some practical extensions instead.
- New extensions for loading, saving, and converting OpenGL, Direct3D, and SDL textures/surfaces were added.
- TGraphic descendants which use Imaging to load and save images for VCL, CLX and Lazarus' LCL were implemented.
- Some new image manipulation functions were added (color replacing, image rotation, ...) and others were optimized.
- New OpenGL, Direct3D, SDL, and Lazarus demos were included, various bugs were fixed.
- Currently supported image file formats are DDS, PNG, JPEG, TGA, and BMP. Supported platforms are Win32, Linux, and DOS. Image data formats include indexed, 8-64bit ARGB, grayscale, floating point, and DXT compressed.
5th October 2005
It was about a year ago when I started working on the first version of Imaging. Next released stable version 0.16 should be out in November 2005. There won't be many additions to the library core but there will be Delphi/Lazarus TGraphic descendant using Imaging, color manipulation functions, and new extensions for creating textures and surfaces for OpenGL, Direct3D, and SDL.